OCC COVID-19 Policy for Event Attendees
COVID-19 POLICY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that can result in serious and potentially fatal illness. There is a heightened degree of personal risk of contracting COVID-19 in attending in-person events, including the 2022 Options Industry ConferenceSM (the “Event”). Although The Options Clearing Corporation (“OCC”) will follow all applicable health and safety requirements and guidance in effect at the time of the Event, it is not possible to eliminate the risks associated with COVID-19.
Please read OCC’s COVID-19 policy for Event attendees as set out below. All Event attendees are required to complete the attestation.
1. OCC encourages attendees to be fully vaccinated and requests they monitor their health status leading up to and during the Event. Individuals who (i) test positive for COVID-19; (ii) know or have reason to believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; or (iii) experience any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., cough, fever, sore throat) during or 14 days prior to the Event will not be able to attend the Event. Refunds will be provided for individuals who experience any of the items listed in (i)-(iii) above and are therefore not able to attend the Event.
2. Those who do not agree to comply with this policy will not be eligible to attend the Event. If payment for the Event has already processed and the individual does not consent to the policy, OCC will refund the registration fee.
3. Local and Venue health and safety requirements may change between the date of registration and the date of the Event. OCC reserves the right to require attendees to follow additional health and safety measures as required by applicable law or the Venue, or as it deems prudent.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER
- acknowledge the risks associated with COVID-19 and attending the Event, and forever release from liability and waive any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) of any kind whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against OCC and its officers, directors, agents, employees and other representatives; La Cantera Resort & Spa (the ”Venue”); and all Event sponsors and vendors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to my attendance at the Event, including, but not limited to, claims against the Released Parties for personal injury, death, disease or property loss, or any other loss or damages;
- agree to monitor my health status leading up to and during the Event and will not attend or will cease attending the Event if during the Event or within 14 days immediately prior to it (i) test positive for COVID-19; (ii) know or have reason to believe I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19; or (iii) experience any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., cough, fever, sore throat);
- consent to abide by all health and safety requirements, guidelines and protocols of public health authorities, the Venue and OCC, and I understand that I may be asked to leave the Event if I am found to be in violation of such requirements, guidelines or protocols (which may be more strict than local regulations and may change between now and the Event date(s) due to circumstances with COVID-19 and the public health response); and
- acknowledge that the Law of the State of Illinois will apply to this this COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Liability Release Waiver.